17 Jun 2018

Weeks Twenty Two and Twenty Three

Well I didn't even make it halfway through the year before I missed a week.  And not just one week, two! 

Useless.

I think that when I decided to blog weekly I thought that my life was more interesting.  Turns out, it's really not, and I'm not sure that me whingeing weekly about my life is as exciting as just sharing funny or exciting events on the blog.

Does that just sound like I'm trying to get out of blogging weekly?

Because I am.

Hah.

Leading up to last weekend Molly and I had some little chats about no longer breastfeeding.  We were still having a bedtime feed, and I know that MANY people have things to say about breastfeeding past a certain age but I don't give a flying fuck.  My child, my business. 

I was going away for my sister's hens weekend in Brisbane and I think that she's too old for bottles, I wasn't going to express and frankly I was sick of it.  Breastfeeding a two year olds is hard work and she was starting to jump around and try and take me with her.  Um no.  Hell no.  So we had a few chats and then I did the bad mother thing and ran away.  For three nights. 

When I had a chat to Juffin about it, he said that she didn't notice.  She didn't ask about it, she didn't even mention it.  She didn't even seem to notice that I was gone. 

RUDE

I got back on Sunday, bedtime as normal.  As was Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday... When I say normal I mean still a shit fight but absolutely no mention of breast milk.

Then on Thursday, she has an hysterical meltdown because she wants boobie milk.

Seriously.

A week later.

That afternoon, I'd listened to her kindy educator tell me how intelligent and clever she is.  Ummmmm, are we talking about the same child because clearly this girl is a little slow on the uptake.  I mean I get it, I wasn't around so she didn't notice, but I'd been home for over 4 nights!  Unbelievable. 

I was actually feeling sad that she didn't notice, now I just felt bad for taking it away from her.  But I didn't give in.  Because I'm a mean Mummy and breastfeeding two kids for two years each is enough.  And now it's over.  Forever.

Will never have to boob in the car again!


I left my kids for a few days and went to Brisbane.  On my own.  I drank alot, I ate alot, I managed to get my flight home and wasn't in some kind of death state.

The only selfie I took.. who even am I?!


A bad cold ripped through work and because I never get enough sleep, and I'm too busy trying to get everyone else organised, I ended up having a day off work as all the snot and the constant cough finally caught up with me.

Boo to bad health.

I've been very lax in the fitness department and bad habits die hard.  I wish I could say that I'd made mostly good choices but that would be a big fat lie.  I thought I'd be further along my journey by now, but sadly, I'm not.  No-one to blame but myself.

Mushroom has been doing much better at school and though his behaviour isn't exemplary, I love that he's a cheeky shit sometimes.  I'm not supposed to say that am I?  It's hard not to laugh when he's mimicking his father or myself.  The no picking up of toys is actually driving me insane though and today I nearly lost my shit and threw everything in the bin. I have to start enforcing the pack up before you move on to the next thing.  There's stuff everywhere!

Today I said that they could watch a movie, which is rare these days, and they ended up tipping the popcorn all over the damn floor.  So this happened:

 
I am over cleaning up other people's messes. It's not my job.  And I have to do this for at least 15 more years.  I'm not sure my head won't explode before then.

Can I just throw out all of our stuff?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment