26 Sept 2013

Just Because

So who asked you?

No really.  Who asked you?

Just because I have a child and I mentioned that I'm tired doesn't mean I need your advice re sleep training, crying it out, tough love.

Just because I'm still breastfeeding my baby and he's turning 1 soon, doesn't mean I care that you think I should stop now, tomorrow, next week, next year.

Just because we are still keeping our son rearward facing in the car, doesn't mean he's unhappy and would be 'better' if he was turned around.  He's fine if he wasn't, we'd turn him around.

Just because I won't give the Mushroom any refined sugar until after his first birthday, doesn't make me a bad parent.

Just because I went back to work early, doesn't mean you get to judge me and the decisions we had to make as a family so we could pay our bills.

Just because I bitch about Juffin sometimes, doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

Just because I'm overweight, doesn't mean I spend my day stuffing my face with crap.

Just because my boyfriend hasn't proposed yet, doesn't mean we will never get married.  And think about what you're going to say before you open your mouth.  How do I know why he hasn't proposed yet?  I'm not him!

I don't care how you feed your baby, boob or bottle, big deal.  I don't care what direction your car seat is facing in, do what's right for you.  I don't care if you feed your kid sugar.  I don't care if your partner/husband is perfect.  I don't care that your boyfriend proposed on the top of Mount Everest whilst you were serenaded by a choir of angels.  Icould go on, but I think I've made my point.

Being a parent is hard enough without having people thrust their opinions down your throat.  There's also a difference between giving friendly advice and being a judgmental cow.  I strive to do the former now but have been guilty pre-parenthood of the preachy 'you should do this' attitude.  What a dickhead.  I apologise wholeheartedly for being an obnoxious bitch to those affected.  I'm sorry.  I had no idea that you were dreaming of punching me in the face.



Disclaimer - I appreciate all the advice that I receive.  Friends, family, complete strangers.  This is in no-way directed at anyone in particular and nothing happened recently to influence this blog. Just read something online and it made me think about it...




No comments:

Post a Comment