2 Apr 2018

Week Thirteen

Happy Easter my friends!

I'm all messed up due to extra days off and excessive chocolate consumption and only just realised tonight, that I probably should have posted this yesterday... whoops!

Last week already seems like a lifetime ago!

Work was beyond hectic, and I mean beyond.  I spent my work day's trying to convince people to keep their ever increasing health insurance product, whilst thinking to myself, what's the fucking point?  Don't get me wrong, I believe in health insurance, I just don't know how we can continue to pay all the costs.  It's insane.

Mushroom finished term 1 with a bang.  He can read things now.  And write his whole name.  Yes.  He can write Maximilian and spell it correctly with the right amount of l's and everything.  Astonishing stuff.  He managed to leave his tupperware drink bottle behind in the classroom, which I was super pleased about, and skin his toe upon leaving after school care.  Winning.

Fake Smile with eggcellent easter hat!

I'm just glad that I don't have to make lunchboxes every day for the next two weeks.

I know.

First world problems.

I decided to give that other supermarket's online shopping a go again and it was a bit of a shit show. I think my biggest complaint is that you actually have to go into the store and pick up from the service desk. At the other place you just reverse up to the back and they help you load it into the car. Semantics.  But it's fucking fabulous.   So I go in, speak to the ladies, let them know I'm there, and then I wait for 20 minutes.  20 minutes is a long time!  I know it's Holy Thursday and people are going mental because the shops aren't open for one day and they'll probably die, but 20 minutes!  When it did finally come out, everything was fine and it was good.  It just took so freaking long.  And I didn't buy that much so could have probably picked up everything I needed in the time it took for them to bring it out to me.

I haven't shopped online at that supermarket for a long time, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try them again, but I tell you what, that pissed me off.  Because I waited so long, by the time I picked the kids up and got home, it was 5.45!  I finished work at 4.35!  That's insane. Thankfully it was breakfast for dinner night, and we smashed it out, but damn, I was a bit peeved!

Molly's latest is not sleeping at nap time and destroying her bedroom.  Since last Wednesday, she has not managed to lay down and go the f to sleep even though her eyes are hanging out of her head and she's behaving like The Wicked Witch of the West.  Her antics include pulling all of her shorts out of the drawers, removing her nappy and putting them on, throwing all the books around the room, removing her bedding (sheets, doona, pillows) throwing them on the floor and then jumping on the bed, pulling her dresses off the rack and putting all her stuffed toys in the laundry basket and spinning them around. 

She's too little to not have a sleep so I don't know where this bullshit is coming from but it's making me pretty fucking cranky.

I like to get stuff done when she's sleeping, like exercise and clean the floors, have a shower without answering a million questions or watch violent not-appropriate-for-kids, crappy TV so she needs to sort her shit out.

Hard to be cranky when so fucking CUTE!


This week the kids decided that they like fighting each other too. So there's that to enjoy for the next 75 years.

They push, kick, trip and hit each other.

It's fucking delightful.

I know that all kids do it but damn!  It's awful to watch and listen to.  They're so loud.  It's obviously karma.

When they're not fighting, they do love each other and I'm ever grateful for the forced age gap between them.  Mushroom is so helpful with his sister and her biggest cheerleader with toilet training and life in general.  It's pretty gorgeous.  Today Juffin snapped them holding hands in the car.

Cute.


And finally, I'm on day 29 of my 30 day workout challenge and, wait for it, I HAVEN'T MISSED ONE!!  I've exercised for 30 minutes EVERY DAMN DAY FOR THE LAST 29 DAYS!

I am exercising Queen!

Here I am in my new flamingo skirt.

Because flamingo's.








No comments:

Post a Comment